Panola College Dual Credit and Early Admission
Dual Credit Registration Steps
- Talk to your counselor about available Dual Credit/Early Admission Courses and program requirements
- Meet appropriate testing requirements for admission
- Apply to Panola College (Select the Two-Year Apply Texas Application and be sure to select Dual Credit as your application type.)
- Visit with your Counselor or Registrar to be sure all test scores and high school transcripts have been sent to Panola College
- Visit with your Counselor/Advisor in order to register for courses
- Turn in SIGNED Dual Credit/Early Admission Permission Form EACH SEMESTER
- Turn in Proof of Vaccination (if in a class on the Panola College campus)
The Panola College Dual Credit program provides an opportunity for eligible high school students, grades 9-12, to participate in college courses and receive both high school and college credit for the same course. Students can take Dual Credit academic and technical education (CTE) courses.
Option 1: Dual Credit Academic
These are Core courses generally required for all two-year associate's or four-year bachelor's degree programs. Courses are taught by Panola College faculty or credentialed high school instructors serving as adjunct professors.
Option 2: Dual Credit Technical
These courses are instrumental in completing a certificate or AAS degree at Panola College. Courses are taught by Panola College faculty or credentialed high school instructors serving as adjunct professors.
Classes are usually taught at:
- Panola campus
- at the student's high school campus
- through a Panola Distance Education class upon the recommendation of their high school counselor or principal
This program offers high school students the opportunity to take a Panola College course on the Panola College campus or a Panola College distance education class. These courses are only for college credit. High school students are accepted upon recommendation of their high school counselor or principal and with the permission of their parents.
Benefits of Dual Credit
Access to Student Resources
Close to Home
|Full Transferable Credit|
Many college level courses are taught on high school campuses, online, and at the Panola College campus.
All Dual Credit students have full access to Panola College support services.
Taking college courses at Panola College costs less than most public colleges & universities.
Panola College offers a quality education on many campuses in the Panola College service area.
|Dual Credit and Early Enrollment academic courses are fully transferable to public colleges & Universities in Texas|
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my credits transfer?
Four-year colleges and universities are readily accepting academic credits. However, students are encouraged to contact the admissions office at the receiving institution to verify policies and requirements. If you are core complete at Panola College any Texas Public Institution will accept you as core complete.
Is the course work challenging?
Dual enrollment courses have the same academic rigor as a regularly scheduled college course.
Panola College welcomes dual credit students from the following school districts:
|Texas Early College
|Carthage||Harleton||Panola Early College
After high school graduation...
If you are continuing at Panola College, you do not need to reapply. Simply have your high school send an official transcript with your date of graduation posted to Panola College and schedule a meeting with an advisor and get registered for classes.
If you are attending another institution, please remember to have your high school send an official transcript with your date of graduation posted to Panola College. In order to transfer your credits earned at Panola, you will need to request a Panola College transcript.