The Fitness Center is located in the Charles C. Matthews Foundation Student Center and is available to all Panola College students, faculty, and staff.
There is something for everyone, with a weight room, a yoga, aerobics, and Pilates room, along with a full-size gym that includes six basketball goals and two volleyball courts.
Fall & Spring HOURS
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Saturday: 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Sunday: 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday: Closed
Equipment and Activities
The Fitness Center consists of a weight room, a yoga, aerobics, and pilates room, along with a full-size gym that includes six basketball goals and two volleyball courts. The cardio area in the weight room includes four elliptical machines, four treadmills, five recumbent bikes, and an ab deck.
The Fitness Center staff schedule a variety of tournaments and activities throughout each year including, basketball, volleyball, horse, frisbee golf, dodgeball, flag football, and wallyball.
Weight lifting equipment, workout DVDs, basketballs, and volleyballs are available for checkout at the front desk.
Panola College offers membership opportunities to the community, which are available for purchase in the Business Office.
- $40 for fall/spring semesters
- $30 for summer semesters
*A Panola College Fitness Center ID is required for admission. You must be 12 years old or older to purchase a membership.
Policies & Rules
Panola College is committed to providing a clean and safe environment for all students and patrons. Everyone who utilizes the Fitness Center must follow the guidelines and respect others in the Center.
- All students, faculty, staff, and members must present proper ID in order to use the Fitness Center.
- Children under the age of 12 are not allowed in the weight room. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult in the gym or Student Center at all times.
- All visitors over the age of 12 must purchase a membership or have a proper ID.
- Horseplay, loitering, or hanging out will not be permitted.
- Use equipment at your own risk.
- No food or drinks are permitted in Fitness Center areas, except bottles of water or sports drinks with a lid.
- Proper fitness attire is required. Shirts and proper athletic shoes must be worn at all times. No boots, street shoes, sandals, or bare feet.
- No Profanity.
- Anyone displaying disorderly conduct, abusive behavior, or using inappropriate language will be asked to leave immediately.
- Day lockers are available free of charge (locks are provided for checkout).
- Return all weights to the proper rack after use.
- Wipe down the equipment and benches with sanitary wipes after use.
- Do not hang on the basketball rim.