Pharmacy Technician is a growing field that offers a competitive salary and opportunity for growth and promotion. Pharmacy technician employment is expected to increase by 9% from 2014 to 2024, according to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics.
Our program prepares you to become certified through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board's exam.
About the Program
Our 64-hour class includes medical terminology specific to the pharmacy, reading and interpreting prescriptions, inventory control, and more. This class will help prepare students to enter the pharmacy field and take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board's Exam.
To register for the class, students must:
- Fill out a registration form
- Have a valid driver's license and social security card
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate
- Strong math & science background suggested
- Have access to a working computer with Internet access
- Must be able to pass a background check for the PTCB exam
Scholarships are now being offered for several of our CE programs, including pharmacy technician. Students will need to have applications submitted two weeks prior to the first class day. The amount of the scholarship will aid the student up to 25% of the total cost of the programs they choose.
September 13 - November 15, 2021
Classes will meet on Mondays
6:00 PM - 9:30 PM