PHED 1119, 2119
Fitness through Walking Activity
PHED 1119, 2119
- State Approval Code: 36.0108.51 23
- Semester Credit Hours: 1
- Contact Hours per Semester: 45
Basic Intellectual Compentencies in the Core Curriculum
- Critical thinking
Perspectives in the Core Curriculum
- Recognize the importance of maintaining health and wellness.
- Develop personal values for ethical behavior.
- Develop the ability to make aesthetic judgments.
Instructional Goals and Purposes
Panola College's instructional goals include 1) creating an academic atmosphere in which students may develop their intellects and skills and 2) providing courses so students may receive a certificate/an associate degree or transfer to a senior institution that offers baccalaureate degrees.
General Course Objectives
The student will be able to:
1. Develop an understanding of the importance of regular, lifelong physical activity as part of a healthy lifestyle.
2. Understand how to safely participate in an activity program.
3. Develop good principles in movement and technique to maximize learning and progress.
4. Develop physical skills that also enhance the student’s psychological and emotional well being
Specific Course Objectives
1. Improve cardiovascular fitness.
2. Improve muscular flexibility and endurance.
3. Learn the basic fundamental movements involved in walking.
4. Understand the importance of safety while walking.
General Description of Each Lecture or Discussion
Methods of Instruction/Course Format/Delivery
Faculty may choose from the following methods:
2. Skills Tests
3. Collaborative learning projects
5. Oral presentations
6. Research papers
7. Written assignments
A = 100 – 90
B = 89 – 80
C = 79 – 70
D = 69 – 60
F = 59 or below