- State Approval Code: 5009025226
- Semester Credit Hours: 3
- Lecture Hours per Week: 3
- Contact Hours per Semester: 48
Basic Intellectual Compentencies in the Core Curriculum
- Critical thinking
- Computer literacy
Core Components and Related Exemplary Educational Objectives
Communication (composition, speech, modern language)
- To understand and demonstrate writing and speaking processes through invention, organization, drafting, revision, editing, and presentation.
- To participate effectively in groups with emphasis on listening, critical and reflective thinking, and responding.
- To develop the ability to research and write a documented paper and/or to give an oral presentation.
Humanities and Visual and Performing Arts
- To demonstrate awareness of the scope and variety of works in the arts and humanities.
- To understand those works as expressions of individual and human values within an historical and social context.
- To respond critically to works in the arts and humanities.
- To articulate an informed personal reaction to works in the arts and humanities.
Instructional Goals and Purposes
Panola College's instructional goals include 1) creating an academic atmosphere in which students may develop their intellects and skills and 2) providing courses so students may receive a certificate/an associate degree or transfer to a senior institution that offers baccalaureate degrees.
General Course Objectives
Specific Course Objectives
General Description of Each Lecture or Discussion
Methods of Instruction/Course Format/Delivery
Students are allowed a total of two absences over the course of the semester. For each additional absence the final grade percentage will be lowered one letter grade. No differentiation will be made between excused and unexcused absences. It is the responsibility of the students who arrive after the class has begun to inform the instructor of their tardiness, otherwise, the grade remains an absence. Once the next class begins, the grade will not be changed. Two tardies equal one absence.
The term paper is to be submitted using 12-point Times New Roman font, 10 pages in length (minimum), double-spaced, using a minimum of 7 resources; only 2 sources can be internet-based. All papers must attempt to use the “References for Research Paper” listed directly below this section. No installments of this paper may be turned in late!
- References for Research Paper:
- Baker’s Biographical Dictionary
- New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians
- Harvard Dictionary of Music
- J-Stor-online database
- Worldcat-online database
- Various recordings and scores