HESI A2 Testing Information
Panola College Nursing Programs require three specific parts of the HESI A2 examination : Reading, Grammar, and MathHESI A2 is a nursing program entrance exam. Prospective nursing students MUST register for and take the HESI A2 test in order to be ranked for admission to the ADN or LVN programs. You must take the HESI A2 before having a mentoring appointment to receive an application.
- You are ONLY allowed to take the HESI A2 twice unless both score reports are older than 5 years.
- If you are not successful the first time, you need to take your time and ensure you are ready for the second test.
- HESI Score Reports older than 5 years prior to application deadline date are not accepted by Panola Nursing Program.
- An examinee may retest if their score reports are over 5 years old.
- The ONLY exception to testing more than twice within a 5 year period is if and only if the examinee has earned their LVN license and want to apply for the Panola College ADN Program. This means that the examinee needs to provide the required score report which includes a Cumulative PASSING score on all 3 exams (Math, Reading, and Grammar).
*A calculator is provided on screen during the exam. You will be provided with scratch paper and pencil. No additional paper will be allowed.
PLEASE READ PRIOR TO SCHEDULING
Seating is limited due to COVID-19 social distancing protocols. Therefore, payment for the test is required at the time of scheduling and all cancellations or changes must be made 48 hours prior to testing date. If you know you are not going to be able to test at your scheduled time, please contact us immediately so that the slot may be filled by another examinee. Thank you for your understanding.
ALL examinees will be required to agree to the Panola College Testing Agreement upon arrival to the testing center.
Carthage - Testing dates are closed for Spring 2021
Center - Testing dates are closed for Spring 2021
One form of identification is required. It must be a valid, unexpired picture ID.
For more information about other forms of non-photo accepted, contact 903-693-2036.
The testing fee is $60.(Refundable only if cancellation is made 48 hours prior to your scheduled testing date.)
Payment must be made within 48 hours of your schedule confirmation email. Please pay via phone with our Panola College Business Office @ 903-693-2082.
Additional questions contact Rachel Weekly at 903-693-2036 or email email@example.com
The HESI test is offered ONLY two times a year, September and February.
For the Panola College Nursing Program, you are allowed 2 attempts to take the test.
Disability Support Services (DSS)
Individuals inquiring special testing accommodations should contact Stacy Gee, Testing Coordinator/DSS Officer at 903-693-2046.
Preparing for the HESI A2
You can purchase a HESI study guide in the Panola College Store or at normal book outlets.
Testing help is also available at Mometrix Test Preparation.
If you are a current student with Panola College, please check out the M.P. Baker Library Electronic Resource Learning Express College Center Plus for additional practice in Grammar, Math, and Reading skills.
Non-students may contact the Panola College M.P. Library for additional information @ 903-693-2025.
How to Request HESI A2 Score Report
If you have taken the HESI A2 test with Panola College and need a copy of your score report, please complete a HESI Score Report Form.