Student Relief Fund
The COVID-19 Student Relief Fund assists Panola College students by providing financial support to students who have suffered losses due to COVID-19. These funds are not intended to replace financial aid funds for which you may be eligible. This is a one-time allocation of up to $500 to assist students in successfully completing the semester and staying on track to finish their studies.
All funds have been exhausted for the COVID-19 Student Relief Fund. If you have an emergency need, please visit our Feed The Need program page for assistance.
EXPENSES COVERED BY THE RELIEF FUND
The needs addressed by this fund are usually urgent, non-recurring and involve relatively small costs. (Below is a non-exhaustive list of expenses covered by the emergency fund.)
- Transportation related to academic needs
- Food and/or hygiene items
- Medications and other costs related to medical care and safety needs
- Books and other academic expenses
EXPENSES NOT COVERED BY THE EMERGENCY FUND
- Non-essential utilities (i.e. cable TV), household, or furniture costs
- Costs for entertainment, recreation, non-emergency travel or other non-essential expenses
- Loan payments; including car loan, mortgages, and student loans
- Expenses that have already been paid when application is submitted are not eligible.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Applicants must be enrolled students of Panola College in at least six semester credits
- All other resources must have been considered and are insufficient, unavailable, or not available in a timely manner
- Applicants must complete all questions in full and submit supporting documentation
- Applicants may only receive one award per academic year.
- Students who are in need of emergency financial assistance may submit an application and supporting documentation online at the link posted at the top of the page.
- The applications will be reviewed, and the appropriate funding amount determined.
- Awards will typically range from $100 to $250, with a maximum award up to $500. Applicants may be required to talk with a staff member to discuss their application.
- Completion of the application does not guarantee relief funding will be awarded.
- The number of applicants served by the COVID-19 Relief Fund is subject to the funds available.
- Contributions to the Panola College COVID-19 Student Relief Fund may be made through the PayPal Donate button below, by credit card here, or by calling 903-693-2044.