According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics (BLS), employment of pharmacy technicians is expected to increase by 9% from 2014 to 2024. The BLS also suggest that pharmacy technicians with formal education or training, previous work experience, and national certification will be specifically sought after to meet these demands. Pharmacy Technician is a growing field which offers a competitive salary and opportunity for growth and promotion. Panola College Workforce and Continuing Education is proud to offer a Pharmacy Technician program which prepares our students to become certified through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board's exam. Our 64-hour class includes medical terminology specific to the pharmacy, reading and interpreting prescriptions, inventory control and more. This class will help prepare students to enter the pharmacy field and take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board's Exam.
To register for the class, students must:
- Fill out a registration form
- Have a valid drivers license and social security card
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate
- Strong math & science background suggested
- Have access to a working computer with internet access
- Must be able to pass a background check for the PTCB exam
This class meets Tuesdays from 6:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. with
additional on-line class work required for the course.
NEXT CLASS: March 20 - May 22, 2018