- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Home Health
- Private Sitting
- Physicians Offices
To prepare the nurse aide with the knowledge, skills and abilities essential
- to provide basic care to residents in long term care facilities;
- to communicate and interact effectively with residents and their families based on sensitivity to the psychosocial needs of residents;
- to assist residents in attaining and maintaining maximum functional independence;
- to protect, support, and promote the rights of residents;
- to provide safety and preventive measures in the care of residents;
- to demonstrate skills in observing and reporting;
- to function effectively as a member of the health care team
- AGE - Student must be at least seventeen (17) years old.
- HEALTH - Student must be physically and mentally capable of performing the necessary tasks and skills required of a nursing assistant. A student will be expected to transfer, move, ambulate, or lift patients on a regular basis.
- PREGNANCY - A full medical release with NO restrictions is required.
- TUBERCULOSIS SKIN TEST & HEPATITIS B SERIES - Proof of a current (within calendar year) negative tuberculosis (TB) skin test & proof that the Hepatitis B series has been started (proof must be presented by the first day of class).
- MENINGITIS - All academic students under the age of 30 MUST provide proof of a Bacterial Meningitis vaccination ten days prior to the start of class.
- MMR & VARICELLA - Measles, mumps, & rubella, and Varicella vaccinations must be up to date.
- IDENTIFICATION - Students must present Original Social Security Card and a valid Photo ID card by the first day of class. The names on the SS card and the photo ID MUST match. The Texas Department of Aging and Disabilities Services (DADS) requires presentation of both of these identifications for a student to be able to take the state skills exam and written exam.
CNA classes are offered at Panola College at the following locations: Carthage, Shelby College Center, and the Marshall Center.
Register at any of these locations:
Carthage - Merle Glass Bldg., Office of Workforce & Continuing Education
Center - Shelby College Center
Marshall - Marshall Center
This information is required for all CNA classes
- Proof of negative TB skin test
- Proof of Hep B vaccination and other vaccinations
- Original Social Security card
- Picture ID
- Panola College will perform background checks. Any student whose background check is not clear will not be allowed to attend class
Tuition, text, fees, and state exam are included in cost.
Student will be required to purchase uniform (scrubs) prior to clinical rotation. (Do not purchase scrubs prior to class.)
To meet program requirements, the Texas Department of Aging and Disabilities Services requires that a student be present for the entire program. No exceptions.