Fitness Through Jump Rope
- State Approval Code: 36.0108.51 23
- Semester Credit Hours: 1
- Lab Hours per Week: 3
- Contact Hours per Semester: 45
Basic Intellectual Compentencies in the Core Curriculum
- Critical thinking
Perspectives in the Core Curriculum
- Recognize the importance of maintaining health and wellness.
- Develop personal values for ethical behavior.
- Develop the ability to make aesthetic judgments.
Instructional Goals and Purposes
Panola College's instructional goals include 1) creating an academic atmosphere in which students may develop their intellects and skills and 2) providing courses so students may receive a certificate/an associate degree or transfer to a senior institution that offers baccalaureate degrees.
General Course Objectives
Successful completion of this course will promote the general student learning outcomes listed below.
The student will be able to:
1. Develop an understanding of the importance of regular, lifelong physical activity as part of of a healthy lifestyle.
2. Understand how to safely participate in an activity program.
3. Develop good principles in movement and technique to maximize learning and progress.
4. Develop physical skills that also enhance the student's psychological and emotional well being.
Specific Course Objectives
Upon successful completion of the course the student will:
1. Improve cardiovascular fitness.
2. Improve muscular flexibility and endurance.
3. Learn the basic fundamental movements involved in jumping rope.
4. Understand the importance of safety while jumping rope.
General Description of Each Lecture or Discussion
Course content will include participation in a variety of jump rope activities.
Methods of Instruction/Course Format/Delivery
Faculty may assign both in- and out-of-class activities to evaluate student's knowledge
Faculty may choose from the following methods:
2. Skills Tests
3. Collaborative learning projects
5. Oral presentations
6. Research papers
7. Written assignments
A = 100 - 90
B = 89 - 80
C = 79 - 70
D = 69 - 60
F = 59 or below