Body Conditioning Activity
PHED 1111, 2111
- State Approval Code: 36.0108.51 23
- Semester Credit Hours: 1
- Contact Hours per Semester: 45
Basic Intellectual Compentencies in the Core Curriculum
- Critical thinking
Perspectives in the Core Curriculum
- Recognize the importance of maintaining health and wellness.
- Develop personal values for ethical behavior.
- Develop the ability to make aesthetic judgments.
Instructional Goals and Purposes
Panola College's instructional goals include 1) creating an academic atmosphere in which students may develop their intellects and skills and 2) providing courses so students may receive a certificate/an associate degree or transfer to a senior institution that offers baccalaureate degrees.
General Course Objectives
The student will be able to:
1. Develop an understanding of the importance of regular, lifelong physical activity as part of ahealthy lifestyle.
2. Understand how to safely participate in an activity program.
3. Develop good principles in movement and technique to maximize learning and progress.
4. Develop physical skills that also enhance the student’s psychological and emotional well being.
Specific Course Objectives
1. Improve cardiovascular fitness.
2. Improve muscular flexibility and endurance.
3. Learn basic fundamental movements involved in body conditioning activities.
4. Understand the importance of safety in body conditioning activities.
General Description of Each Lecture or Discussion
Methods of Instruction/Course Format/Delivery
demonstration, discussion, internet, television/video presentation, field trips, collaborations and readings.
Faculty may choose from the following methods:
2. Skills Tests
3. Collaborative learning projects
5. Oral presentations
6. Research papers
7. Written assignments
A = 100 – 90
B = 89 – 80
C = 79 – 70
D = 69 – 60
F = 59 or below