PHED 1104, 2104
- State Approval Code: 36.0108.51 23 Course Subject/Catalog Number: PHED
- Semester Credit Hours: 1
- Contact Hours per Semester: 45
Basic Intellectual Compentencies in the Core Curriculum
- Critical thinking
Perspectives in the Core Curriculum
- Recognize the importance of maintaining health and wellness.
- Develop personal values for ethical behavior.
- Develop the ability to make aesthetic judgments.
Instructional Goals and Purposes
Panola College's instructional goals include 1) creating an academic atmosphere in which students may develop their intellects and skills and 2) providing courses so students may receive a certificate/an associate degree or transfer to a senior institution that offers baccalaureate degrees.
General Course Objectives
1. Develop an understanding of the importance of regular, lifelong physical activity as part of a healthy lifestyle.
2. Understand how to safely participate in an activity program.
3. Develop good principles in movement and technique to maximize learning and progress.
4. Develop physical skills that also enhance the student’s psychological and emotional well being.
Specific Course Objectives
1. Improve cardiovascular fitness.
2. Improve muscular flexibility and endurance.
3. Understand the rules and etiquette of racquetball.
4. Learn the fundamental skills of racquetball.
5. Understand doubles/team strategies when playing racquetball
General Description of Each Lecture or Discussion
Methods of Instruction/Course Format/Delivery
2. Skills Tests
3. Collaborative learning projects
5. Oral presentations
6. Research papers
7. Written assignments
A = 100 – 90
B = 89 – 80
C = 79 – 70
D = 69 – 60
F = 59 or below