It is required that all students on the Panola College Campus obtain and carry a Panola Card.
You’ll use your Panola Card often, so make sure to carry it with you at all times. You will be able to use it to:
- Receive financial aid disbursements(unless Student designates another financial institution) www.panolacard.com
- Purchase food through your meal plan
- Check out books from the library
- Attend athletic events
- Receive student discounts from participating merchants
- Fitness Center access
- Optional access to a Herring Bank checking account with Debit Card capabilities
Panola College and Herring Bank have teamed up to offer you a convenient, one-card solution with the Panola Card. The Panola Card is a multi-functional card which allows you to open an optional checking account that offers free access to Herring Bank ATMs and to make no-fee purchases at merchant locations that accept MasterCard signature or pin-based transactions. It’s the easy way to access cash and make purchases on and off campus.
A Herring Bank College checking account offers you:
- No monthly service fee
- Easy access to free Herring Bank ATMs on and around campus
- Free access to online banking – check balances and view your checking account statement online from anywhere you have internet access. www.panolacard.com
- Get paid faster – when you request direct deposit of your financial aid* (http://www.panola.edu/financial-aid/) and/or direct deposit of your paycheck
Visit the Student Success Center to get your Panola Card.
Use your new Panola Card as your official student ID, for all of your on-campus needs.
For information on how to obtain your Panola Card, call the Student Success Office at 903.693.2000 or visit the Student Success Office in the Miller Administration Building, (Monday - Thursday, 7:30 am – 5:15 pm; Friday, 7:30 am – 12:30 pm) or online at www.panola.edu – click Student Identification Cards under the Student Success tab.
Need to report a lost or stolen card?
Contact Herring Bank at 1-866-348-3435. You will also need to go to the Student Success Office for a new card.