Panola College Foundation Announce Cruisin’ for College Winner
Rhonda Williams stands beside her new 2015 Chevy Camaro she won from the Panola College Foundation’s Cruisin’ for College Car Raffle.
On Saturday, November 21, the winning ticket of the Cruisin’ for College Car Raffle benefiting the Panola College Foundation was drawn in front of a group of Panola Ponies basketball fans at half-time.
The lucky owner of ticket number 996, Rhonda Williams of Carthage, TX, was notified immediately by phone. All those in attendance enjoyed hearing her excitement as she was told over the speaker she was the owner of a brand new 2015 Chevy Camaro.
"I can't believe it! I never win anything, but I was proud to support the Panola College Foundation and knew the funds would go towards a great cause,” said Williams.
The Cruisin’ For College Car Raffle, which was graciously sponsored by Pippen Motor Company, was initiated in September 2015 and ticket sales were limited to only 3,000 tickets. All of the net proceeds go to support the Panola College Foundation, who provide student scholarships, faculty and staff grants and other special projects that support student success at Panola College.
“On behalf of the Panola College Foundation, we would like to say a BIG thank you to everyone who purchased tickets and supported the Foundation. The support of our community members in Panola, Shelby, Harrison, and Marion Counties is always impressive and greatly appreciated,” stated Jessica Pace, Director of Institutional Advancement at Panola College. “
Congratulations to the winner, Rhonda Williams!
Panola College Foundation
Cruisin’ For College
Sponsored by Pippen Motor Company
Win a 2015 Chevy Camaro
$25/ea for 1 ticket or $20/ea for 2 tickets
Drawing to be held:
November 21, 2015 at 4pm
Panola College A.J. Gym
Ponies Basketball Game During Half-Time
All proceeds go to support the Panola College Foundation
Tickets may be purchased at Panola College, Pippen Motor Company, Panola College Marshall Center, Panola College Shelby Regional Training Center or by calling 903-693-2029.
Car Raffle Rules
- HOW TO ENTER. From September 16, 2015 through 4:00 p.m. on November 21, 2015 or until 3000 tickets have been sold, ("Entry Period"), entrants may enter the Panola College Foundation’s Cruisin’ For College Raffle ("Raffle") by purchasing a raffle ticket from an authorized board member or agent of the Panola College Foundation for $25, or two or more tickets for $20 each, payable to the Panola College Foundation and completing a registration form which will include name, complete address, city, state, zip code, e-mail address (if available), and telephone number. A “purchase” shall not occur and be binding on Panola College Foundation until funds received for the same have cleared the bank. Credit cards accepted are Discover, Visa, and MasterCard. Tickets may be purchased by mail, or in person at any of our events posted on our web site. Ticket purchases are not refundable.
- OFFICIAL DRAWING. The official drawing will take place on November 21, 2015 at half time of the Ponies Basketball game in the Arthur Johnson Gymnasium at Panola College. You do not need to be present to win.
- SPONSOR. The Raffle is sponsored by Pippen Motor Company (the "Sponsor") and presented by Panola College Foundation, a Texas non-profit corporation. All proceeds will go to the Panola College Foundation.
- CONDITIONS. An eligible entrant may only enter via the ticket purchasing methods as described
above. Incomplete entries are void. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance
with these official rules including all eligibility requirements. All entries become
the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Neither Sponsor nor advertising
and promotion agencies are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of
entry information, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, illegible or
misdirected entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are
void. No copies, facsimiles or reproductions of entries will be accepted.
- The winner must execute and provide to Panola College Foundation:
- an Affidavit of Eligibility, attesting to the winner’s eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules
- be able to satisfy IRS the 25% W-2G withholding and must provide Panola College Foundation with all necessary information required for tax purposes, including a W-9, prior to delivery of the Prize. Failure to do so within ten (10) days of such request shall result in an automatic forfeiture of the Winner’s Prize.
- a Liability Release, releasing the Sponsors (as defined below) from any liability arising out of the Raffle; and
- a Publicity Release, allowing Panola College Foundation to use the winner’s name, likeness, voice and biographical information for publicity purposes. The winner also will be required to provide any other information needed by Panola College Foundation to comply with applicable laws and regulations, including those relating to the payment of income taxes. By accepting a prize, the winner grants Panola College Foundation permission for the use of his/her name, likeness and biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- Panola College Foundation reserves the right, exercisable upon its sole discretion,
to disqualify any individual found to have
- violated these Official Rules;
- interfered with the entry process or the operation of the Raffle;
- altered or attempted to alter the random outcome of the Raffle;
- violated any law or regulation by participating in the Raffle; or
- fraudulently completed the entry form or provided other false information to Panola College Foundation.
- IN NO EVENT WILL PANOLA COLLEGE FOUNDATION OR PANOLA COLLEGE OR ITS BOARD MEMBERS, AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, “SPONSORS”), BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, STATUTORY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WITH RESPECT TO THE RAFFLE AND TO THE GRAND PRIZE, THE SPONSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- All taxes, fees, assessments, title and registration fees, insurance, and like charges, associated with the receipt or use of the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. There is no cash value available to the winner of the Grand Prize.
- The winner must execute and provide to Panola College Foundation:
- DETERMINATION OF WINNER. A random drawing will be conducted on November 21, 2015 from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received, not to exceed 3000 tickets sold. The winner will be notified by telephone, mail, and/or email. The winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and release, which must be completed and returned within four (4) days of issuance of notification or an alternate winner will be selected. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Raffle is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor or its agents. TICKETS (PRIZE) ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE AND CANNOT BE SOLD. The Winner must claim the Prize within thirty (30) days of notification otherwise such Prize will be forfeited. In the event that a Winner does not claim the Prize or is determined to be ineligible to receive the Prize, no other Prize will be awarded or substituted to the Winner. In the case the Winner is deemed ineligible or forfeits the Prize, a new Winner will be chosen at random from the remaining raffle tickets.
- PRIZE. The prize is a 2015 Chevrolet Camaro.
- All federal, state and local income, sales and/or excise taxes, fees, assessments and like charges associated with the prize, including license, title and registration fees, are the responsibility of the holder of the winning ticket. Winner must complete a W-9 form before receiving prize. Per current IRS requirements, the winner is responsible for payment of 25% withholding via form W-2G at time of acceptance.
- Selected unit only; prize cannot be exchanged for cash. If the winner elects not to accept the vehicle, no substitution or exchange for cash or other goods will be provided. Odometer reading at time of award will reflect miles driven during the raffle event, not to exceed 5000 miles. Panola College Foundation is not responsible for the vehicle’s quality nor shall it have any responsibility once the vehicle has been conveyed or delivered to the winner. The stated value of the prize is based on the advertised MSRP and not the actual purchase price paid by Panola College Foundation; all applicable discounts, rebates, and incentives associated with the purchase of the prize vehicle are claimed by and payable to Panola College Foundation.
- In addition, all costs incurred subsequent to transfer, such as gasoline, oil and maintenance not specifically covered under the vehicle warranty, etc. are the Winner's sole responsibility. The Prize is awarded “AS IS” with no warranty or guarantee except as specifically provided by the vehicle manufacturer.
- ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible to enter the Raffle, you must comply with these Official Rules, and either be a resident of Texas or purchase your ticket in person in Texas. The Raffle is void where prohibited.
- WINNER'S NAME. For the name of the prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Panola College Foundation, 1109 West Panola, Carthage, Texas 75633, or log on to http://www.panola.edu/panola-foundation/CruisinForCollege.html
- RULES REQUESTS. To receive a copy of the official rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the same address listed in Item 7, ATTN: Raffle Rules, or log onto http://www.panola.edu/panola-foundation/CruisinForCollege.html
- GOVERNING LAW. This Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. All disputes surrounding the Raffle and any prize awarded hereunder will be subject to the substantive laws of Texas. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.