Before Class Begins
- Online and Hybrid Class FAQs
- Campus Connect - Verify enrollment and payment.
- Campus Email - Get familiar with checking your campus email account.
- Panola College Store - Purchase textbooks, workbooks, and other material required for class, and pick up some Panola College gear!
- Upgrade to the latest version of Firefox. (Instructure Canvas, our Learning Management System, works best with Firefox.)
The First Day of Class
Become familiar with your online class(es), and start your coursework the first day. Look through the online material. Introduce yourself to your online teacher using a private message or discussion board. Let your online teacher answer any questions you have.
During the Semester
Online courses are just as challenging as traditional courses. Don't get caught in the procrastination trap!
- Always submit your assignments on time.
- Always let your online teacher answer any questions you have.
Plan ahead for tests!
- Know when and where you will take tests. Your instructor will provide this information.
- Several of your tests will be proctored, so be familiar with the Panola College Testing Centers locations and hours.
- Waiting until the last minute to take a test or turn in an assignment is living to close to disaster. Plan ahead. Work ahead.
Communicate. Communicate. Communicate.
- Regularly check campus email.
- eLearning - If you have trouble accessing your online classes or course work, contact the firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Joe Pate - If you need minor technical support with your computer, maybe Mr. Pate can help.
- Leslie Glaze, Student Success - Are you having difficulty with your course? She can connect you with a tutor or a counselor.
- Library - Use your Student ID to access computers and books. The eLearning librarian is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Campus Police Department - Reach out to Campus Police if you feel threatened or bullied. (Call 911 for emergencies.)