Equipment and Software Requirements
All online courses require access to the Internet and a computer and Word Processing Program robust enough to perform assignments. If you are uncertain if your system is sufficient, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will need:
- access to a fairly new computer
- reliable high speed Internet access
- Firefox (not Internet Explorer) is preferred with Canvas
- course-specific software - if required
High-speed internet access is needed. Students must have their own Internet Service
Provider unless they access their courses using one of the college's student computer
labs or have access to a computer at another location. An open student lab is located
in the Gullette Building. Its hours are 7:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday
and 7:30 a.m. - Noon on Fridays.
Student Technical Skills Requirements
The student should be proficient in the following:
- using a web browser and search engines
- sending and receiving email with attachments
- using Microsoft Word processing program (WORD)
- downloading software and/or documents
Online classes are not easier. Online classes are not faster. Online classes are not for everyone.